OAKDALE PRIMARY SCHOOL
Cheetham Hill Road, Dukinfield, SK16 5LD
Tel No: 0161 367 9299
Vacancy Headteacher to start 16th April 2018
Due to the retirement of the current post holder, the Governors of Oakdale School are looking to recruit a full time Head teacher to start in April 2018. We welcome applications from exceptional, motivated and inspirational individuals with a proven track record of successful school leadership in the field of special educational needs. We are looking to recruit an experienced school leader to continue to take the school forward on its journey.
Oakdale is a primary school for pupils aged 2-11 years old with severe learning difficulties. Over 50% of pupils have an additional diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Condition and we have had accreditation with the National Autistic Society since 2016. The school is situated in the centre of Tameside and children are admitted from across the borough. There is a wide mix of socio economic and ethnic backgrounds and we currently have 110 pupils on roll.
We are one of six Tameside special schools who form part of the Special School Support Partnership and we are also a strategic partner in the Hawthorns Teaching School Alliance.
We look forward to welcoming someone with the qualities and drive to take our school forward and work with governors as they consider the journey towards joining the right multi academy trust. Our new Head Teacher will lead a team of passionate, enthusiastic and hardworking staff who are firm on their commitment to ensure that every child is “The best they can be”.
The successful candidate will be someone who:
- Can communicate compellingly the schools vision and drive the strategic leadership, building on current achievements and empowering all pupils and staff to achieve
- Holds and articulates clear values and moral purpose, focused on providing high quality teaching and learning for all at Oakdale School
- Will continue to promote and develop the excellent partnerships we have with parents and families to ensure the very best provision for children
- Is self-motivated, dynamic and has the ability to both challenge and support colleagues
- Is committed to an holistic approach that encompasses working in partnership with a multi-disciplinary team with a child-centred focus to support learning and well being
- Has a sound knowledge of financial and resource management, including an understanding of working under budgetary constraint
School will offer:
- A school with pupils who enjoy coming into school and reflect high levels of enjoyment in their learning
- A committed, highly skilled and enthusiastic staff team working towards improving the life chances of our children
- A school that is continuously striving to further improve
- A governing body which is highly committed and active within the school community and discharges its duties well
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of our children. As a Head teacher we will expect you to be able to have a positive working relationship with the governing body and be able to understand its role in support and challenge. We want a leader that can work with our current highly talented Senior Leadership Team and build on the good practices we have whilst keeping the school moving forward.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person. If you have the skills and passion to meet the challenges, it will be a great opportunity to develop your career and make a real difference to our children, staff, parents and wider community.
Closing Date: 20th November 2017 at 12 noon
Interviews will be held on 30th November 2017
How to apply: Please download an application form and additional information about the post from our website www.oakdale.tameside.sch.uk. Complete the application and email to our School Business Manager
Deb Ollerenshaw – firstname.lastname@example.org
School viewing: Please arrange a convenient time with Linda Lester, Head Teacher either by telephone or via the school admin address 0161 367 9299 email@example.com
Oakdale School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share and uphold this commitment
Appointment to this post is subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, full background checks and satisfactory references